Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas in China


I've created this blog to keep record mainly for myself of the experiences I go through on a daily basis. If others choose to join me on my journey then that will just be icing on the cake. At 9:25am tomorrow, I will be flying out of Louisville to LAX for meetings until Saturday night. Then, I will be flying 13 hours to Hong Kong to teach English at a university in Hong Kong and also to spend Christmas helping an orphanage and loving on some precious children. Nervous? yes. Scared to travel by myself? yes. Sad to be away from my family on Christmas and New Years? yes. Excited to be serving our Father and thankful for the opportunity to do so? ABSOLUTELY!! Thank you to all the generous donors who have helped me with funds for this trip and a special thanks to those who are keeping my team and I in your prayers. Father will do great things on this trip and I can't wait to share them with all of you...

Just a random moment... I just checked my final grades online (the end of Fall 2009 semester ended this week) and I got a B in a class that I was hoping to just get a C in. Now, normally I'm an excellent student and am very concerned with grades, but I am telling you this class was HARD! I may have just jumped up in my living room and screamed because I was literally in that much shock that I actually got a B. I mean, I'm not even going to think about an A, a B in this class was the best news I've ever heard. (minus the fact that my Daddy and little brother were just looking at me like I'd lost my mind, because of my version of a victory dance).

My big bubby, Matthew will be flying into to Louisville tomorrow just hours after I leave. We are switching states ironically; KY and CA will be confused. Matthew is a linguist in the US Air Force and sadly I haven't seen him since last Christmas. We will however be able to spend a few hours together when I get home before he has to fly back out for Cali. Please keep my brother in your prayers for his safe trip home. I love him dearly and am sooo sad I won't be spending Christmas with him.

Well, I better be getting my beauty sleep for my early morning. I won't be able to use a computer on my trip so I'll be writing again with details around Jan 5th. Stay tuned!

Have a blessed and Merry Christmas to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment