Monday, January 18, 2010

Do Your Part




I finally did it. I've been talking about it for weeks and for some reason (stupid satan... btw, I hate when it tried to auto-correct satan and capitalize it. HELLO! He does not deserve the same recognition as our GOD. Stupid computer!) I haven't gotten around to sponsoring a child through compassion. I'm always trying to find another trip to go overseas to orphanages, while I could be helping the children there financially in the meantime. Please don't give me an applause of things like that, I prefer for all my rewards to be in Heaven; I debated whether or not to write about this, but I want there to be as much awareness as possible. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go online to www.compassion.com and sponsor a child. It's only $38 per month and they even do an auto-withdraw if you like. (Once they are chosen, they will never get put back through the system, so only do this if you are serious about the commitment. There's almost 2,000 children on the roster currently and there's more added everyday. We can all sacrifice one meal out or one pair of jeans each month to help those who don't even have the option of those luxuries that we take for granted. If this is something you truly can't do, then please pray for the children to get sponsorred for other. We all have an obligation, Do Your Part!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm so happy that you sponsorred a child from Campassion! I love their program and I think it's neat that you have chosen to do well with your money and time! Our Church youth group has been sponsorring a child for years now and it's great to see her grow up over the years! I did a program called Compassion Sunday and rallied people to sponsor kids. It was great to see those people's hearts for children in need! Keep shining your light for HIM!
    Haddie

    ReplyDelete