Tuesday, January 5, 2010

He's bigger than I even thought


I'm not sure if you've ever been in the position to hear multiple languages being spoken at the same time, but if you haven't please do so ASAP. While in mainland China, our translator Leon spoke Enlgish, Chinese, and the local dialect; wow, that's impressive. By the time we left we could hear the differences in the Chinese languages and could tell which one people were speaking. On Christmas Day, Stella and Ivan came to visit in our room. She can speak a little English but primarily speaks Chinese and the local dialect. She wanted to know what we were doing and we had just been reading in Matthew outloud the Christmas story. She wanted to join so we started over and after reading we decided to each pray. So, Luke started and we went around in a circle. SaVanna then Luke 2 then Stella and WOW, some kind of miracle happenned. Stella prayed in the local dialect. I was so dumbfounded that when it was my turn I had nothing to say. When she left I was talking to the others. Our God is an awesome God. Not that I didn't know that before, but there are thousands of languages across the world and our God not only hears and understands each one... he created every single one of them. Something about the vastness of that struck me that night and I just broke down and cried in my bed. This God who loved, loves, and will love every single person ever created and who hears all their prayers, he's a God who provides for all those people, and mourns when each one doesn't accept him. A God that big who loves more people than I can even comprehend loved ME enough to send his son to die for me. If there was never another person created, he still would have sent Jesus because he loves each of us as an individual and cares about each of our lives.
Thank you God for loving me and thank you for listenning to my prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren! It's me, Haddie...come join my blog! I love this post, it speaks volume. Keep living for Him and never forget the experiences from China!!

    ReplyDelete